Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Cheryfa Mccaulay Jamal's car Vanadalised.

Cheryfa Mccaulay Jamal discovered bullets in her car yesterday. Despite having asked for police protection, her request has been denied.

As posted on Political Prisoners Website:
Since all canadians are the object of a neoconservative agenda it needs to be said that the Toronto 18 are innocent because they haven't been proven guilty; even the arrests appear to be for crimes not actually committed and no crime of violence has occurred; evidence against the detained is tainted by the huge sums of money paid government informants or provocateurs; the arrests may be part of what was initially a u.s. and international covert operation; particularly heavy and illegal pressure to cooperate with authorities is placed on a detainee when his wife and children's lives are being threatened; mrs. macaulay jamal says she has asked for and was refused police protection (wilkes, april 17, 2007, toronto star); this is outrageous; it denies the accused his rights; it denies his wife and children their human rights; it subverts the course of justice; it damages the lives of very young children; it's embarrassing to canadians that this mother and her four young children are effectively being terrorized without recourse.

-=-=-=-=

Below is the story:

Terror Suspect's Wife Claims Vandals Won't Intimidate Her Family
(http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_9848.aspx)
Monday April 16, 2007
CityNews.ca Staff

When Cheryfa MacAulay Jamal's husband was hauled to jail last summer on suspicion of being involved in a series of terrorist plots against Canada, her world was shattered.

Since then, things haven't gotten easier for her family. She remains alone at home with her four children, awaiting word on her spouse's fate.

But after a disturbing series of incidents this month, she now has cause to fear for her own safety.

The latest twist in the story began with an Easter weekend newspaper article about what she felt was unfair conditions regarding her husband's detention.

That's when she started having trouble with her van.

As a mechanic worked to repair the vehicle, she took the family's second car, only to have trouble with that one, too.

It didn't take long to discover the reasons: someone had put a bullet into the radiators of both automobiles.

Jamal believes the article led to the unwanted attention and that someone is trying to send her a message.

But she's refusing to be intimidated, holding a press conference on the driveway of her Mississauga home, vowing she won't let anything happen to her or her kids, innocent victims of a situation she's no had no part of.

"I said I felt that the isolation conditions my husband and his co-accused are being held in for the past ten months is not for reasons of security but for the purposes of pressuring the accused into pleading guilty rather than defending themselves through a lengthy trial while being held in such psychologically compromising conditions," Jamal accuses.

"My concern is primarily for my children. This minivan is the vehicle I use to transport them everywhere I go. This act of terrorism committed against us will not deter me in my pursuit of justice."

She calls those responsible 'bullies' and insists she won't be intimidated by their actions.
And she adds one other pointed warning.

"If I end up dead, then you know where it started."

Police have seized the radiator and the air conditioning unit as evidence, but have little to go on. They admit they're looking into a mischief incident at the Jamal home, but won't confirm whether or not they've found any bullet fragments.

Abdul Qayyum Jamal is one of dozens of suspects accused in the shocking case that made headlines around the world last June.

Canada's spy agency CSIS alleges a group of terrorists was planning to blow up iconic Canadian sites, including the Parliament buildings and the CN Tower.

Jamal's statement
"I called a press conference today so that I can directly communicate my concerns rather than have my words misrepresented or reinterpreted.

"At some time last weekend, someone shot two bullets into the front of my Dodge Caravan, and one shot into the front of my husband's Acura. The police have taken the radiator, the air conditioner of the minivan which contained the two slugs and have removed the Acura as evidence.

"I believe this happened due to a Toronto Star article printed on Tuesday, April the 3rd, in which I said I felt that the isolation conditions my husband and his co-accused are being held in for the past ten months is not for reasons of security but for the purposes of pressuring the accused into pleading guilty rather than defending themselves through a lengthy trial while being held in such psychologically compromising conditions.

"My concern is primarily for my children. This minivan is the vehicle I use to transport them everywhere I go.

"This act of terrorism committed against us will not deter me in my pursuit of justice. I will continue to speak out in defence of my husband during his incarceration and trial proceedings, if I feel his rights have been compromised.

"I have called this press conference so that acts of such as these do not go unnoticed by the citizens of this country. If other acts are ever perpetrated on my family, I will subsequently make them public as well.

"Bullies are not successful in their acts when their acts are spotlighted; rather only when they are concealed can they have any power over their victims. Thank you."

No comments: